Monday, March 15, 2010

Blood Draw

This might be a lame thing to post but I am posting it anyway. I have been trying to get my blood drawn since January 18th and thanks to my amazing veins they had yet to get the blood they needed to see if I had a blood clot when I lost the baby. Today I went to the doctor thanks to the fact that I have had a raging "cold" for over a month that comes and goes. I found out that I have walking pneumonia and also a sinus infection, which is good to know! I thought while I was there I would see if they could find a vein to finally get the blood they needed for the last two months. It usually takes at the LEAST 5 tries to get any blood and usually not even as much as they would like to draw. The first time she tried she hit a tendon and a nerve. For those of you who have not had the chance to experience this pleasant experience it is definately something you should be grateful for! However, the second try was SUCCESSFUL!!!! She got all the blood she needed and it was AMAZING! Isn't it sad that those are the small things in life I am really grateful for. Let's just hope it hasn't been to long for them to find what they are looking for in the blood tests so that next time we are pregnant we have all the information we need to make educated decisions on what is best for a healthy baby someday!

2 comments:

  1. I hate getting my blood drawn! That's the worst. I find that the nurses that are retarded can never get it in and blame it on my veins rolling, or being too small, yadda yadda yadda. Definitely interesting when the nurses that get it in the first time never say anything about my veins. Dun dun dun!!! lol! I'm glad that they finally got the blood they needed! I hope they find what they are looking for too! I'm sorry you're sick! Can we do anything for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey glad you found my post entertaining! isn't that picture funny!
    ugh that sucks about all the yucky sickness you've experienced lately. hope you are doing better!

    ReplyDelete