Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thanksgiving, Christmas and Blood Draws!

Okay, let me just start by saying that Thanksgiving was great this year. Jeff's parents came out for almost an entire week and we had fun. I finally have ice and water going to the fridge. I still forget that we have ice and cold water that comes from the fridge. We also had a few other projects that were done while my handy father-in-law was here. My mother-in-law got up at 2:45 with me and went to Kohl's and Target and Walmart to black Friday shop. I got a killer deal on luggage and pots and pans. So, it was well worth getting up to save $250. Christmas was weird this year. My parents went to Boise to spend the weekend with my sister so Jeff and I were lost a little. Luckily, my amazing aunt and uncle let us stay at her place. We have the same tradition every year and felt so lost without it this year. It was still a great Christmas! I got a really REALLY nice (by nice, I also mean it was VERY spendy...I am not saying that to be a brat. Sorry if it sounds that way) Nikon camera. I also got a sewing machine. Which I was then asked by my brother if I am turning polygamist...the answer is a resounding NO but I am really excited about this gift because I really want to learn how to sew. Mostly, I want to learn how to sew rag quilts. My aunt (the same one we were at for Christmas) is amazingly gifted and is going to teach me how. Wish me luck!  I also got some gift cards and Broncos stuff that I loved. I even got a Broncos Snuggie. Thanks Jeff, but that one went straight back to the store...I got about 9 things for the same price at Down East Basics two-day after Christmas sale. It was wonderful! All around though we had great Holidays. And we are hanging out with some pretty awesome people for New Year's weekend.

Last note for this blog entry...have I told anyone how much I absolutely HATE having my blood drawn. Well, let me tell you why. I know that no one likes to get needles poked into them and moved around but I for some reason have been blessed (hopefully you are picking up on the sarcasm "because I am laying on you pretty thick"...name that movie) with wonderful and cooperative veins. They miss at least 3 times before they find one and then they dig for it to work. Last time it took my about 3-4 tries and I had to try again another day. When I needed an IV once they had to get the freaking anesthesiologist to come find one after 3 different people attempting and about 7 different tries, in addition to his 3 tries to get a vein in my THUMB! I have had IV's in the most painful of places. I, however, should not really complain. I know my trials are small in life but I also know this one is going to last for the rest of my life. So on that note...I am leaving to go and get it drawn right now...ready go, and GO!

Thanks for the comments on the last entry. I am glad to know that my negative attitude and life experiences aren't boring to some of you, like they feel to me. :)  I am going to be working on a resolution post soon because then, just maybe, I will achieve them if I feel some accountability to people I hardly ever talk to.  :)
I hope every one's holidays were as blessed and wonderful as ours!

2 comments:

  1. How did the blood draw go? I'm sorry that you have bad veins and it is long and painful process. I have very good veins, if I could share with you I would.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am the same way with having IVs and drawing my blood. In fact, I was very relieved when ARUP (the blood drawing people at the U of U hospitals) told me that I cannot donate blood because my veins are too small. :O) At least now I don't feel guilty for not going to blood draws. I know I probably should still try, but not when I have an excuse like that one. :O)

    ReplyDelete