Saturday, July 2, 2011
Where did June go?
I cannot believe it is July all ready. I wish we would have had a spring. I am sitting here awake at 1:45 writing this knowing I should be asleep gearing up for this weekend and week but instead I am sitting here catching up on my blogging. June went quickly and was fairly good to us. We started the month with a visit to Denver, which I believe I all ready wrote about. Shortly after I got home from there all of my siblings ran the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay. I watched kids and helped with that since I didn't train in time. After they got home we got ready for Father's day dinner with my dad's side of the family on Sunday. Monday morning early my sister and I and her 3 kids headed to St. George for 4 days. It was SOO nice down there. Although 107 degrees was a little toasty it felt perfect when I was laying on a floaty in the pool. We swam lots and went to see a movie, did a little shopping, played cards, rented movies and just had fun! It was fun to spend time with her because we never get time to spend just us. Usually there are spouses and lots of family around when we are together. So that was fun. We hurried home so that I could get to my girls' camp meeting on time.. I wish I could say that the fact that we had to change and shorten camp made things easier but because I was done with about 80% of it by the time we have to change it, it became twice the hastle to have to take it back. Oh well. I am getting excited and think it will be fun! It has been SO much fun getting to know the girls a lot better. Jeff will be come to spend the one night with us as the Priesthood. So I am sure he is thrilled about that. I also got to watch my friend Rachael's little 11 month old baby boy for 3 days while they were gone. It was SO fun to have a baby around only 1 month behind where our little man would have been. It didn't make me sad but a little envious of what we are missing out on. He was a delite and I would LOVE to have him again anytime (*hint hint Rach*) :) That brings us to this weekend being the 4th of July. I haven't been able to upload pictures on this blog but I am going to try and figure out how to do that soon or fix whatever it is that is not letting me upload them. So this weekend we are going boating, watching fireworks, BBQing with family and just all around having fun. I love holidays like this one! In a couple weeks I head to Idaho to watch my sister's kids and then life slows down for the rest of the summer. It has been fun watching all the kids I love and am closed to this summer (IE:one of my best friends kids, my brother's baby, my sister's kids, etc...) . Jeff is done with school for the summer and it is so nice to not have him be stuck in the office doing homework. Well, since I am getting up to go garage sale hopping to look for some furniture to refinish I better go to be. T minus 5 hours and it's time to wake up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment