Well I haven't written on this blog since August 1st when we were headed to Texas. We are here and have been here for 5 months yesterday. I didn't write for a while because I struggled quite a bit first moving here. It took a while to get adjusted. We lived in cooperate housing for 6 weeks. It was really tough for me. You can't get to know anyone, we couldn't really go to our ward we were moving into until we closed on our house since the people we were buying from were members and we didn't want anything to happen if something messed up on the house sale. Once we got into our house it took a few months to get adjusted to the area. Our ward was slow going at first but has really picked up and we are starting to settle in. We both have callings now. I got put in the young women, one of my favorite callings in the church! Jeff is in the scouts and over the 11 year olds. It will be interesting to juggle Jamison around on Tuesdays because scouts and mutual are at the same time. We have roughly 30+ young women and I am excited to get to know them. I usually seem to click with those ages because I am pretty sure my maturity level is below or the same as most of them. :) We are starting to get to know a few neighbors and ward members. It is nice to start to find a place socially. That had to be the hardest part of adjusting and still has it's moments. I LOVE our house and can't wait until the pool and weather is warm enough for us to swim. I am hoping I will LOVE having a pool and it won't be too much work!
We have been back to Utah twice. Once for Thanksgiving and once to help my mom with some surgery she had on her feet. The first trip was too fast and we barely got to see anyone and the second trip turned out to suck quite a bit due to Jamison and me getting sick pretty must 3/4 the trip. I am not sure when we will head back but sometime in the spring or summer.
Jamison is 8 1/2 months old and the time is flying! He is starting to rock back and forth on all fours and wants so badly to crawl. He stands while holding things and this week it looks like he might be warming up to the idea of holding his own bottle! YAY!!! The best part is that he can hold it he just doesn't want to. :) That is milestone that doesn't make me sad at all! It seems crazy to think he has been here longer than he was cooking. Being a mom, especially to him is seriously the BEST thing in the entire world. It fills places I didn't even know I had in my heart and makes me love him more than I knew was possible. I know that is super cheesy but it is accurate. My brother and parents came out for Christmas and it was really fun to have them. My brother just moved to Huntington Beach, California so that makes 3/4 of us out of state now. We are spread out quite a bit. Idaho, California, Utah and Texas. There are some things I still miss a lot but I am starting to like things here far more than I miss things there. I do miss seeing my family a ton. My nieces and nephews are growing up so much faster now that we don't see them as often. I am SO glad we have facetime. Jamison can actually see my families faces so he knows them somewhat in person.
I will try and be better about updating this blog. Although, I am not sure how many people actually read it but it's good for journaling purposes. :)
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you are starting to like it there! I'm sure your ward will fall in love with you! How couldn't they?
ReplyDelete