Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vacations, Vacation and more Vacations

This year is shaping up to look like a fun one. Cruise, Phoenix, St. George, Denver and California and POSSIBLY another cruise in December...we might as well play while we don't have responsibilities, right?! By "responsibilities" I mean kids. Because we do have jobs and callings and Jeff has school and various other things. I am hoping that will make this year a good one! Last year was overall tough but still rewarding. I am now going to tell you another story about my crappy week from last week...and one from this week that is just to show you how awesome the people I work for are....Let me preface this by saying every one of these families have the sweetest kids and is worth any of the crap that comes with it. There are also some AMAZING families that treat me very well but unfortunately I only work for one of those every week! Now onto the great story!
Remember the family I told you about last week...well I went to pick up my check from this family on Monday and the mom decides to ask me what I did with the money they left...seems reasonable right?? So I explain that about $70 of it went to the sick kid's doctor visit and medicine and soup and crackers and WHATEVER sounded good to her so she would eat!!! Then we got pizza....(leaving out the long story about the pizza and how I ended up spending $50 on pizza. I, however, paid the kid I tipped $100 by accident, a $30 tip for bringing me the $100 bill back. I SO wish I was rich enough to let him keep the whole thing just for being honest...some day I will be able to do that!)I also took the girls to get their nails painted with designs. Then I left the difference on the counter. She accused me of lying until she talked to her husband and he assured her that he had picked it up and forgot to tell her.  She then says because I left a MEATLOAF in the fridge and didn't make it (frozen store bought kind) she had to throw it away and she was extremely upset. I tell her I was sorry we didn't cook much since her kid threw up and was sick and I still actually did cook just not every single night. I ended up dropping off money because I was so upset that she acted like that after I took care of her kids for a week and maybe the fact that I clean her house and did her laundry and changed all the sheets in the house and all that stuff. I dropped money off to cover the money we spent eating out on my meals. Apparently the food was the important thing to worry about...not the kids. Duh, Summer!! I am so dumb!
Then today I worked for a usual family that I work for Monday and Tuesdays and I take the kids to gymnastics every Tuesday. I showed up as the mom of this family I was watching, was leaving from paying her bill. I walk in and the teacher of the class I am in with the 2 year old...("mommy and me" class. Lucky me, eh?) has tears in her eyes and has been crying. She is shaking and asks me why I work for this mom. "Her kids can totally not be worth dealing with that kind of person". She proceeds to tell me that the mom didn't cancel her class for her kids while they were out of town for 3 weeks and so Flips left their spots open for them and she was VERY upset that she had to pay for the classes they missed. She never called to let them know that she wouldn't be there so therefore she had to pay for the classes and could still make them up in an evening class so it wouldn't be wasted money. This has been their policy since FOREVER! The mom didn't like that answer AT ALL and made a huge scene. Threw a check on the counter and swore at her and left. I showed up about 2 minutes after....lucky me! The teacher later apologized to me for being unprofessional and told me I was a saint for putting up with her regularly and loving someone else's kids that much.
   Our trip can't come soon enough! Thank goodness for house sitters, good neighbors and friends who are willing to stay at our house while we are gone and get our mail and garbage cans and feed our cats and just be here! Thanks Jamie and all you others helping! It is nice to not have to worry about things around the house! Oh yeah, I still LOVE my job. Apparently it's just been a really long week for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment