Monday, August 1, 2011

Blessing only good neighbors can provide!

I am all most out of battery on the lap top I am using and am too lazy at the moment to go find the cord and since this is the 3rd blog update of the night I will make it quick. I have been thinking a lot about how much I love where we live. Sure the freeway and train tracks aren't the best and we have thrown a ton of money into updating our house but our neighborhood is SO great. We have a good mix of young and old, crazies and normal people, white trash and, what I would call, high class but that is what makes it fun. In the summer and fall almost every Sunday night a group of women from our neighborhood go for a walk. Last night we were discussing the only downfall to living here is that they are mostly beginner homes and so there is a lot of turn over. However, I have such a good variety of friends around here. Our talks are never forced and always good conversation. I love that I have friends that are in totally different places than I am and some that are going through the same things at about the same time. I love that I can just be myself. I have loved watching their kids grow up and do new things or move on to a different stage in life. I know it changes a lot and I hate whenever someone has outgrown their house or needs to move for a job or whatever it may be but I know that most of my relationships will last a long time no matter where we live. We bought this house thinking we would be here 3-4 years and nearly 5 1/2 years later we are still here and loving every minute. We will stay here at least while Jeff is finishing school for the next 1 1/2-2 years and then who knows but for now we are happy. I am bummed that there is a shift every few years that has been going on recently but am SO grateful for the friendships I have made.  Thanks for being so fun ladies! I truly feel blessed to know you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment