Monday, August 1, 2011
Running Ragged...no, wait, I mean Ragnar.
I went for a 3.2 mile run tonight and then a 1.5 mile walk. The run reminded me how out of shape I am and how far I have to go to be ready for Ragnar in October. I need to remember how good it feels to run and exercise and be done with it. It truly does feel good. I am not one of those people that enjoy exercise. I wish I was because it is so rewarding! I was doing so good dieting and exercising and was down 12 pounds and then just kind of gave up. I haven't gained all of it back but I am sure 3-4 pounds of it. I am in a funk and trying so hard to get out of it. I have one of the easiest routes and mileage for Ragnar but am still not ready. I need to find the motivation and stick with it. I have learned it is good to run with someone that pushes me to run harder, longer and faster but it does remind me how far I have to go. I look at myself and really don't like where I am physically but I need to remember that only I can change that. It is good to surround yourself with a support system that will help you go exercise. That is when I was doing so well and have totally not been doing that for last few months. I really wanted to a mini triathlon this summer and that isn't going to happen. But I have to remember that it doesn't mean I should give up all together. I really should just start new the next day or week or month or however long it has been and continue to work at it. So here it goes for the 2nd time around this year and hopefully I will stick with it longer than 3 months this time. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is awesome that you are doing Ragnar! I'm signed up to do the Wasatch Back with my family next June and I have not been running once since I signed up. It's bad because it's still far away and I have zero motivation. So I feel your pain about finding motivation to run and exercise. I need good music that pumps me up if I'm going to run. Good Luck!
ReplyDelete